Monday, March 17, 2008

My DTV Coupon Experience


Well ... a couple of months ago I went to www.dtv2009.gov and requested my coupon toward $40 dollars off a DTV Converter Box.

My coupon finally arrived on Friday. I had to go to work, so I waited to cash it in.

Saturday, I had some time before going to work, so I went to Wal-Mart. I take my choice of boxes to the register and try to cash in, and join the Digital TV age.

BUT, the coupon was DENIED.

I was crushed ... well ... disappointed.

I called the customer service number set up by the government 1-888-DTV-2009 and get nowhere because the call volume is so high.


I called again this morning. The lady on the other end tells me that there have been some problems with the coupons, some have taken a while to activate. She said that I should go ahead and try again.

So, I again went to Wal-Mart. And this time it worked.


I purchased the RCA DTA800. Mostly because it had channel buttons on the front AND a universal remote that would control the box and my TV.

Over all, I can say that I'm pleased. I'm running off rabbit ears and the local channels have never looked better in my kitchen.

My little 13" Magnivox is useful till it dies.

No comments: